We are looking for new people in the following positions:
- WIQD Ambassadors – (volunteer to help host a WIQD event in your local city)
What is WIQD?
WIQD (pronounced “wicked”) stands for Women in Quantum Development. By ‘women’ we refer to both women and other gender minorities, binary and non-binary. It is a professional network in the quantum sector in the Netherlands, including industry, academia and policy. WIQD aims to connect and retain women in the quantum sector in the Netherlands through support, networking, and community growth. To ultimately create an inclusive quantum sector in the Netherlands, where everyone feels that they belong.
We welcome people of any gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, size, nationality, sexual orientation, ability level, neurotype, religion, elder status, family structure, culture, subculture, political opinion, identity, and self-identification to apply to our open positions.
Organization: WIQD (Women in Quantum Development)
Location: Various locations across the Netherlands
Contract Type: Volunteer
Time Commitment: A few hours per month
WIQD is in the process of growing its network and community engagement, and we’re actively seeking passionate individuals to join us as WIQD Ambassadors. While we currently have a dedicated Organizing Committee (OC) responsible for planning various activities and events, we are now looking for additional support from enthusiasts who are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and/or have a keen interest in the quantum sector.
In particular, we are seeking Ambassadors who can assist in facilitating our monthly inspirational talks. These talks are streamed once a month on a Thursday during lunch hours, featuring a prominent role model from the community. WIQD believes that such role models provide invaluable inspiration for the next generation, encouraging them to pursue and stay in the quantum sector. As a WIQD Ambassador, you will have the opportunity to select speakers, host the event in your location (with event space and refreshments covered), and actively contribute to the overall success of these inspirational sessions.
Moreover, WIQD Ambassadors are empowered to organize one workshop per year aligned with WIQD’s vision and mission. WIQD will cover the costs associated with hosting this workshop. As a WIQD Ambassador you are also invited to join all WIQD’s events.
- Community Involvement: Actively engage with the WIQD community to promote inclusivity and diversity within the quantum sector.
- Network Growth: Contribute to the expansion of WIQD’s network by connecting with individuals in your local area.
- Event Support: Especially focusing on supporting monthly online inspirational talks.
- Workshop Collaboration: Ambassadors have the opportunity to organize one workshop per year with the support of WIQD.
- Streaming Talks: Volunteer to stream talks from your location to increase the accessibility of WIQD events.
- Geographic Expansion: WIQD currently has OC members and Ambassadors in Amsterdam, Delft, Leiden, and Enschede. We are looking for additional support in Leiden and new locations, such as Eindhoven, Maastricht, and Groningen.
- Enthusiastic about diversity, equity, and inclusion, and/or the quantum sector.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to contribute a few hours per month to support WIQD initiatives.
How to Apply: If you are enthusiastic about fostering diversity and inclusion, passionate about the quantum sector, and interested in playing a pivotal role in our inspiring events and workshops, we encourage you to join us as a WIQD Ambassador. Your commitment and contributions will play a significant part in advancing our mission and making a positive impact on the quantum community.
Please express your interest by sending a brief statement about yourself and your motivation to Judith Kreukels, Project Coordinator WIQD at email@example.com.